We are going to map out places where Mathematicians had made significant contributions to the various branches of Mathematics we learn today.
View S1-01 Mathematicians in the World in a larger map
How do we do it...
- Go through the Secondary 1 Curriculum.
- Identify an area of Mathematics that you would like to know more.
- Carry out a search of a Mathematician behind it:
- Find out the birthplace of the Mathematician.
- What was he 'famous' about?
- e.g. He discovered a way to solve a specific kind of problem.
- How was his contribution relevant today's everyday application?
- e.g. The method of measurement is adopted by doctors to diagnose a disease.
- In which chapter would you 'meet' this Mathematician?
Scheduled completion date: 31 January 2011.
In the GoogleMap...
- Describe briefly his contribution.
- Insert 1-2 hyperlinks of website that gives more information about the work/ mathematics.
- Insert his photograph/ portrait in the post.