However, in 2010, February was reported to be the driest month.
Let's do a comparison using the dot diagram, to compare the temperature in February 2010 and June 2010.
Below is the dot diagram that represents the maximum temperature of each day recorded in June 2010.
What are the mode, mean and median temperature of June 2010?
Now, it's your turn to look at the data in February 2010:
You can access the history of the Singapore weather at the Weather Underground website: http://www.wunderground.com/
- Click at tab: LOCAL WEATHER > HISTORY DATA
- Enter LOCATION: Singapore > DATE: February, 2010
- Select MONTHLY Display
- Title: Dot Diagram February 2010 Maximum Temperature (Actual)
- Draw the dot diagram
- Write down the number of data points you have
- From the diagram, identify the mode and median
- What is the mean temperature of the month